Now before every tom dick and harry gets there panties In a bunch let me just say, This post is not a reflection of what may happen years, months or even days to come. Simply put I could change my mind tomorrow but for now this is how I feel.
Why I don’t date white men or other races.
1. The first thing that popped in my head was we have nothing in common. I didn’t grow up in middle class suburbia. I was raised in the heart of detroit. Now this isn’t saying everybody was gang bangin and drug slangin but I mean most white men I come in contact with would know nothing about where I come from. I honestly don’t want to hear about why I listen to Neo soul or why one day my hair is long or the next day its short. I met a friend who was clueless and I really don’t think I have the good sense to educate him on a culture I hardly know about myself.
2. I don’t see many cute white guys. Yes so if I decided to go white, I would want him to be actractive to a degree just like i want a man of any other race to be. I just dont see to many cute white guys around here, hell I dont even see them on tv. I don’t blame black men for going goo goo eyed over women of other races because thats what they see all in magazines tv bill boards and all that. If my tv became over saturated with Fine white men or other races I would be all over it if not id be in my own town trying to find the closest thing to what i see on tv but as of now I cant even tell you what a fine white guy looks like maybe rick foxx but umm he aint white is he?
3. Where do white guys hang out? Nuff said cuz I really don’t know. U really think I like hanging in the same places as white people? maybe I need to hang around more EBP then they will direct me to the nearest white people spot.
4. Will his mom like me. I just cant see dating a white man with rasicst parents that would scare me. Its bad enough I have to live up to the standards of a black mans mother and now this?? yea right next……
5. I think all men of other races look at black women as some kinda kinky fantasy. Yea I know I really think its the society (yes i blame them) for making me believe that all white men have fantasies of doing something freaky to a black woman, I just really couldnt tell if he was really into me or just trying to fufill a dream of his, I mean like wanting a threesome or something.
6. What do I say?? If i was interested in a white male what would I say? I mean I know men approch women all the time and its more acceptable for a black man to be outside of his race than for a woman. its hard for me to even approach a man of my own race let alone another color. I would always wonder if i would get embarrassed or if he might secretly be racist or some crazy thing. I just wouldnt want to risk it.
So this is my list, If I truly had the opportunity to date outside my race without feeling so inadequate I would do it, and who knows maybe when im outta debt and can travel all over the world to many places then it might be more possible but right nah. thats a no no